Monday, July 14, 2008

Good and Bad Week...

Hello to all, A little update on my grandmother. We were all set to go home last monday when the doctor came in the first time. He still hadn't heard back from the Orthopedic yet so we sat and waited a bit more at the Hospital. Then he came back in about 10 minutes and he had talked to the other doctor. And my grandmother got bad news. She would have to be in a wheelchair or in bed and not move her left hip for 6 WEEKS! So we sat and discussed it and due to all the restrictions they wanted her to do, we felt it would be better for her to stay at a nursing home for the 6 weeks. So we wanted to wait till Good Sam's had an opening but we waited as long as we could. So on thursday of last week, we moved her to Aspen (which she nor I were happy about!) And today she is being moved to Good Sams for the remander of her stay. Terri works there so she can see her and I will be in and out all the time visiting her. I stayed with Terri all of last week and came home for a night or two yesterday. Her landlord asked Terri if I was moving in and she said it wouldn't be much more if I did. Sooo... After discussing it with Terri and my parents. I am going to divide the time up and pay the extra and stay over there part of the week. Since I have been working at paper pals quite a bit lately it would just help out with gas and so on. So hopefully it will all work out with Terri and I. I won't be there as often as she will but just a few nights a week. Or if she says Janie go home to mom and dads!! So for a few weeks at least I will have 2 homes! :) hahaha
Today marks 3 years ago that I lost Ben. But this year it seems a bit different for me. I was VERY emotional and had a few breakdowns last week. I told Ben in my prayers shortly after he passed away that when you think I am ready to move on, please show me a sign and I will know. Well.... I met someone, we are just talking (well when he will call me!). He has my number and I think its so cute, he goes to call me and chickens out and gets nervous to call!! But we sat for 3 hours last week at Terris and there wasn't a moment of silence. So maybe this week I WILL hear from him or see him. He's a cutie too!! So Terri.... Get on that!! :) I went over to get my families mail today and the minute I walked in my Boss asked me how many years has it been since Ben died. BEFORE I said a word. I said today marks 3 years why? And she said, well your going to freak out when I tell you, And she said well, when I came to work this morning there was a dragonfly sitting the railing by the back door here. So he is up to his tricks again. So when you see a dragonfly smile, I know I do!!!!!!

Love you Ben, May you rest in peace my Angel now and forever.

Hugs to all,
Janie

4 comments:

Terri said...

Hey roomie! Cant wait to see you again. But remember to "BUCK UP"

Karen Tews Lien said...

Janie - I'm so glad you are putting yourself out there and trying to find love again! You deserve it!

tee said...

janie - i knew you were in my thoughts for a reason (besides for prayers for your grandma) so does that mean your in moscow now or pullman? call me if u want to chat - karen has my ph# at the store :) cant wait to see a dragonfly!

Wendy said...

Sounds like lots of rides on the ol' emotional roller coaster. I remember we talked not too long ago about the idea of moving on or forward, and you said then that you would know when the time was right and that you wouldn't seek it out. It would seek you. Well, it sounds like with this new guy that he's doing the seeking. Good deal, girlfriend. :)